Pages

Friday, January 07, 2011

Down Parka - Lands' End

Here is my new coat to keep me warm when catching the bus for work. And it's not just any coat, but a down parka good for -20° to 0° Fahrenheit. Not to mention....it's pink!

Lands' End model. Not me!

Where did I get such a glorious coat? Lands' End. It was originally $99.50. At this time of the season, it is now considered an overstock and marked down to $69.99. Then they were having a "winter's end" sale giving me an additional 20% off and free shipping. All in all, I paid $59.07. I can't wait for it to arrive. No more wearing 5 layers....


I have on a long-sleeve shirt, light sweater, heavy sweater, fleece lined hoodie, and coat, plus I was wearing leggings under my pants. Not to mention the scarf, hat, gloves, and mittens. I felt like Randy from A Christmas Story.


Well, Randy no more! I know have my (pink!) down parka :)

*Tip: Retail seasons usually occur earlier than the real season (which is why you can buy swimsuits when there is still snow on the ground). So if you can hold off, wait until January to buy your winter wear while the deals are hot!

No comments: